Recommended: ASR Pro
In this guide, we’re going to highlight some of the possible causes that can slow down your Start menu search, and then I’ll suggest a few possible solutions that you can try to resolve the issue. Find the indexing options and click on them.The Start Menu folder should indeed be in the list of recognized locations under Included Locations.If your search in the Start menu is almost always slow, you probably won’t be able to see the folder in its list.Click on Edit.Then add the Start Menu.Click on OK.
Some Winaero players had an issue with Windows 10 where after some updates the build search would slow down and therefore consume significant CPU power. This happens whenever a particular user searches for a file or document using Cortana, a UI / search text box written in the taskbar. Here’s the solution we found to get fast searches and overall responsiveness again.
As you may already know, search results are automatically generated in Windows Physically, since they are supported by some Windows search indexers. This is no exception for Windows 10, and yet Windows 10 uses the same indexer-enabled Scour as its predecessors, despite using a different algorithm and a completely different database. It works as a helper that indexes filenames and properties of filesystem items and stores them accordingly in a special index. There is a specific list of Windows indexed locations as well as always indexed libraries. So if you are actually doing a real-time file system lookup, Lookup will query the mnner database, which will instantly display the rewards.
If you are looking for a folder and it might be a file that is not in the indexed location, the search will actually be orders of magnitude slower. In this case, this is exactly what happened after updating the main version of Windows Build 10. Some places that needed to be indexed were missing directly from the index search.
How do I fix Slow Start menu?
On Windows 11/10, the Start Menu is slow – open In the Performance section, click a few Settings buttons. Access to performance parameters. Disable internal controls and animated elements. Deselect the Animate Window checkbox when it is minimized and maximized.
If you have a problem finding Windows withlow value 10
- Open the control panel.
- Go to
Control Panel Personalization and Appearance
How can I speed up my start menu?
Open the Start menu, save Run, type regedit and click OK.Find the following registry point: HKEY_CURRENT_USER Control Panel Desktop.Find the string value MenuShowDelay and then right click Edit and view the value.Replace the standard market price (400) with a lower value.
- There clients will find a specific icon and file explorer option π 61vw, 1362px) (max width: 45vw, 600px “src =” https://winaero.com/blog/wp-content/ uploads / 2016/02 / Windows -10-control-panel-file-explorer-options- 600×453 .png “srcset =” https://winaero.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Windows-10 -control-panel- file- explorer-options-600×453.png 600w, https: // winaero .com / blog / wp-content / uploads / 2016/02 / Windows-10-control-panel-file-explorer-options- 300×227.png 300w, https: //winaero.com/blog/wp-content / uploads / 2016/02 / Windows-10-control-panel-file-explorer-options-768×580.png 768w, https: // winaero. com / blog / wp -content / uploads / 2016/02 / Windows-10- control panel -file-explorer-options-624×472.png 624w, https://winaero.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016 / 02 / Windows- 10-control-panel-file-explorer-options.png 802w “>
- Open File Explorer Options, go to the View tab and enable the display of hidden items as shown in the following screenshot. Read my article on how to provide hidden items.
- Now open indexing options by entering indexing options in the search box in Control Panel and then entering item indexing options for click situations.
- Open the options for my index applet. The Start Food file should reflect the indexed locations. If you’re having an issue with very slow results displaying, then the trusted Start menu folder should be in the list of detected locations instead.
- Click the Edit button.
- Add the following main folder:
C: ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu
Just nGo to the folder tree and check the corresponding box:
- Repeat Concept # 6 for the following location:
C: Users Buyer Name AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu
Here everything. Index the same locations in Windows within minutes. Then your Windows 10 search is fast again!
Why is Windows search taking so long?
If it’s slow: turn off your antivirus, update with a new IDE driver (hard drive, video disc) or SSD firmware. On the General tab in Open File Explorer, click This PC. Try WinKey + E now. If it opens correctly, the problem is with the shortcut cache, which can be cleared by clearing 5.
I recommend that you read the following guides to make your research faster and more rewarding:
- Find apps faster with this Start Menu in Windows 10
- How to start Windows 10 search Start selection with search box disabled
- How to remove web search from the Windows Ten taskbar
- How to get the world’s fastest boot menu in Windows 10 using the classic shell
- How to view network shares of possibly mapped drives in Windows 10
Why is my search bar slow?
If you are facing this Windows 10 slow scanning issue, follow these simple instructions belowto fix it easily. Open the control panel. Now open the indexing options by entering the list options in the search box towards the control panel and then simply going into the indexing options settings item. Open the Indexing Options applet.
Winaero relies heavily on your support. You can help the site continue to find interesting and useful content, and therefore software, by using the following options:
If people liked this post, please share it using the buttons below. This may not require much of you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support !
Sergey Tkachenko became a Russian software developer who will launch Winaero in 2011doo. In his blog, Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular programs. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter, YouTube and. See almost all messages of Sergei TkachenkoClick here to fix your computer now with this fast